Sunday, February 28, 2010

No More Bricks in the Wall

Lastnight I wrote about some of my growing pains and I finished the entry with these words:

In love I pull out the bricks and begin to build a new wall
In fear I restrict that which seeks to grow through me
And something inside of me dies.

I'm happy to report that moments after writing that my beloved and I had a long and loving conversation. Without betraying him or the moment, let me simply say that he is showing up in our relationship in an entirely new, healthy, and beautiful way.

He dismantles walls and shows each brick
We examine them together
He scapes a beautiful garden wall
We compost and gently turn the soil
And trust that LOVE grows on.

2 comments:

  1. awwwe.. love is amazing.


    I love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to comment on the last post. Here's what I said:
    "I think it's just what your blog is titled- growing pains. The changes may seem more sudden to your love than they were to you, I don't know, but it may just take some acclimation, and a lot of time to do that." Plus, you are both complex beings, and changes are going on for both of you, a constant dynamic interchange of energy and information.
    You are loved unconditionally! We say BRING ON THE WEIRDNESS! :)

    ReplyDelete