Friday, November 19, 2010

Connected

I see that we're becoming more and more connected. And I am not simply referring to our technology driven connections. We do seem to have a much greater collective awareness than ever before as a species. I see more clarity and order than I would otherwise expect under the present day circumstances.

I have a great deal of hope for the future. I recently sat next to an Indian American on a flight from Boston to Chicago. Together we artfully explored science, politics, and religion. It was the sort of graceful inquiry where neither party becomes entangled in any sort of drama over the language or beliefs of the other. I see that more and more we are all becoming graceful in our inquiry. I see that we're becoming more loving and caring in our gestures and words.

And I don't believe I'm looking at the world through rose colored glasses. I believe that times have gotten tough enough to catalyze new heights of partnership, respect for diversity, and compassion. And that is worth being hopeful about.

No comments:

Post a Comment